Sunday, January 10, 2010

Quick trip to KC

Waiting for their cars to drop in the box
Selecting the perfect race car
Cuddling with Aunt Meg and Blizzard(foster cat)

Friday the kids and I drove to KC to visit my sister Megan and her husband. The weather still wasn't the greatest but the kids were troopers. We had a wonderful time watching "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", playing Yahtzee, filling our bellies with Panera and of course sharing some laughs. Thayer kept calling Megan, Aunt Ali(which is one of my other sisters) the entire time...Linley politely corrected him and he would just giggle. They enjoyed playing with the cat my sister found in her parking lot on one of the snowy evenings...it's since been dropped off at the animal shelter. Saturday we headed over to pick up my sister Ali that also lives in KC with her husband. All of us took yummy PeiWei over to my grandparents and caught up with them. They live in an assisted living facility, which is very nice, in Olathe. In their lobby there was a race ramp for anyone to use, Thayer was beyond ecstatic. Linley took Gigi's advice and picked the blue car and won every time. My parents showed up while we were visiting my grandparents, so we were able to see them as well. It was a great 2day trip to KC and the kids were not ready to head home. We are very fortunate to have family so close to us...sometimes we wish they lived nearby rather than 2-3hrs away. Maybe someday...

No comments: