Saturday, February 5, 2011

Up to date.

Our lives have been in full swing this semester which means I haven't taken many pictures...if any. Both kids were very ready to get back to school and see their friends after Christmas break, which made the transition much smoother than we anticipated. I on the other hand live at school so I'm not sure if my enthusiasm matched theirs in going back. We've had some snow days that took us out of routine, and left Thayer having a hard time adjusting back to school.

We've also had our fair share of sickness. Linley was set to perform at the KSU Women's BBall game with the Classy Cats and a bunch of girls a few Saturdays ago, but wound up running a fever that lasted 3 days and has now turned into a nasty cough. Since we were snowbound Thayer ended up catching what Linley had; Kip and I are crossing our fingers that it'll just skip us...probably wishful thinking when both kids are coughing all over us:) Both kids are much better but the cough has been hanging on.

February 3rd was Kip's birthday, which we celebrated going out to eat as a family at a mexican restaurant and ended with strawberry cupcakes at home. Linley's is coming up this month which means I've got quite a bit to do still. She has been very good at letting everyone know what she thinks would be birthday gifts...let's hope she doesn't think it's going to be like Christmas. I can't get over that she's going to be 6. It's astounding at how fast time goes when you have kids. Thayer and I have to wait til April to celebrate our birthdays; he's having a hard time grasping this concept. 30 is coming up fast for me and I have to say I have mixed emotions about this new age.

Lastly I'm officially feeling much better and it couldn't have come at a better time...16 weeks!! I go in Monday for an appt and to schedule our sono next month:) My belly is growing everyday it feels like and I've been feeling the baby off and on. Linley and Thayer are very anxious to find out if this baby is a boy or girl. I still have days when I'm not up to par, but most days have improved significantly compared to 2 weeks ago. I haven't been able to exercise and for me that's a big deal...it's my stress reliever but I've come to the realization that this pregnancy is not going to be like the first 2. My appetite has returned because I've been eating most foods that aren't nailed down.

School for me is going to be a full semester. We're seeing patients this semester and have a bigger class load as well. I have to admit I'm enjoying being back in the swing of things and love seeing patients...it feels more real this round putting all of the pieces together. So if anyone is needing a really good/thorough cleaning for 20$ shoot me an email or text...I could use more patients!!

No comments: