Monday, December 28, 2009

1 big baby boy=abdominal hernia

Shortly after Thayer was born my once cute in belly button never went back in. Of course I thought it was just from my belly being stretched to it's limit with a big baby. Little did I realize it was a hernia and it wouldn't go away without surgical repair. It never bothered me much until recently when I had started running again and it was tender to the touch. A girl I work with looked at it and instantly stated it looked like a hernia because she had had a few. A hernia!! I'm only 28 and I thought I was in pretty darn good shape for having 2 kids. Well it didn't get better and was hindering me from exercising, so I made an appointment with a surgeon. Last Tuesday I went in for a minor procedure to repair my hernia and now post op look like I am 3 months pregnant!!! I don't remember signing up for this. Apparently the swelling will get better but not for 2 more weeks. At least surgery went well and my belly button is now back to being an iney(sp?).

No comments: